MAX232 - Dual Driver/Receiver
The MAX232 is a dual driver/receiver that includes a capacitive voltage generator to supply TIA/EIA-232-F
voltage levels from a single 5-V supply. Each receiver converts TIA/EIA-232-F inputs to 5-V TTL/CMOS levels.
These receivers have a typical threshold of 1.3 V, a typical hysteresis of 0.5 V, and can accept ±30-V inputs.
Each driver converts TTL/CMOS input levels into TIA/EIA-232-F levels. The driver, receiver, and
voltage-generator functions are available as cells in the Texas Instruments LinASIC library.
- Meets or Exceeds TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU Recommendation V.28
- Operates From a Single 5-V Power Supply with 1.0-F Charge-Pump Capacitors
- Operates Up To 120 kbit/s
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
- ±30-V Input Levels
- Low Supply Current : 8 mA Typical
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- − 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- Upgrade With Improved ESD (15-kV HBM) and 0.1-F Charge-Pump Capacitors is Available With the MAX202
*Image shown is a representation only.