The A4988 driver Stepper Motor Driver is a complete micro-stepping motor driver with built-in converter, easy to operate. It operates from 8 V to 35 V and can deliver up to approximately 1 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).A4988 driver Stepper Motor Driver includes a fixed off-time current regulator, the regulator can be in slow or mixed decay mode. The converter is the key to the easy implementation of the A4988.There are no phase sequence tables, the high-frequency control interface programming etc. The application of A4988 interface is very suitable for a complex microprocessor is not available or overload. In the stepping operation, the chopping control in the A4988 automatically selects the current decay mode (slow or mixed). The mix decay current control scheme can reduce the audible motor noise, increased step accuracy, and reduced power consumption.Provide internal synchronous rectification control circuitry, in order t improve the pulse width modulation (PWM) power consumption during operation. Internal circuit protection includes thermal shutdown with hysteresis, under-voltage lockout (UVLO) and crossover current protection. Don’t need special power-up sequencing. A4988 uses surface mount QFN package (ES), the size is 5 mm × 5 mm, nominal overall package height is 0.90 mm, with an exposed thermal pad to enhance the heat dissipation function.Features : Automatic current decay mode detection/choice. Mixed with slow current decay mode. The low power dissipation of synchronous rectifier. Internal UVLO(ultra voltage lockout). Crossover current protection. Thermal shutdown circuit. Ground fault protection. Loading and short circuit protection. The optional five-step mode: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16.
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver
- Size(L*W*H):20 x 15 x 10 mm
- Thermal shutdown circuitry:Yes
- Crossover-current protection:Yes
- Ground fault protection:Yes
- Load short-circuit protection:Yes
- Compatible logic supply: 3.3V and 5 V
- Five selectable step modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16
Features of A4988 Stepper Motor Driver:
- Mix with slow current decay modes.
- Internal UVLO and Low RDS (On) Output.
- Automatic current decay mode detection/selection.
- Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation.
- Warning: Connecting or disconnecting a stepper motor while the driver is powered can destroy the driver.
- 1 x A4988 Stepper Motor Driver with heat-sink
*image shown is a representation only, colors may vary depending on stock.